Last Monday, I went to bed at 11 pm and slept a sound sleep. Suddenly, I woke up at about 2 am. When I heard a hue and cry at a little distance.
I got up from bed and saw that a cottage was burning. The fire was rising up to the sky. The fire had already engulfed one-third of the cottage and was spreading rapidly to damage the whole. But the neighbours were rushing to the cottage and trying to extinguish the fire.
Seeing the fire, most of them came with jugs, buckets, pots, pitchers and so on. It was fortunate that there was a pond nearby. The women were fetching water water with the pots and the men were throwing it at the fire under control and people succeeded in extinguishing it.
The dwellers of the cottage were a couple with their only son. The man of the cottage used to earn his livelihood by working in the field. The fire incident made them seriously upset. This accident left nothing for them.
But the neighbours assured them of financial assistance. I was greatly shocked seeing the burnt cottage. But the fellow feelings made it easy for me to forget the incident.
So, united effort is needed to combat any type of accident.